Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced electrical building services design engineer to join our growing practice at senior level. Established in 1949, we are a multi-award-winning company that excels in the delivery of sustainable MEP design.
Let me introduce you to S I Sealy:
- Our team works with high profile clients, locally and nationally – on projects which make a difference
- We are at the forefront of helping businesses and organisations towards net zero, with the support of cutting edge and sophisticated modelling software
- Our team is ambitious, dynamic and focused on delivering for our clients
- We are proud of our culture, which is open, friendly and supportive
- We will support your personal and professional growth – providing you with opportunities to challenge yourself and continually learn
- With hybrid working, we encourage you to achieve a work-life balance; whilst developing strong relationships with your colleagues, in and out of work
- We have a strong social and environmental conscience – supporting our local communities
- We are a Carbon Neutral business, verified to PAS2060
As a senior electrical design engineer, you will lead and deliver a diverse range of projects across all sectors, both locally and nationally, with projects primarily in the Healthcare sector. You will liaise with clients, manage client and design team relationships and attend site surveys and project meetings.
Lead the electrical design team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects and take an active role in the development of junior engineers. Produce detailed designs, drawings and schematics using AutoCAD, DIALux, AmTech, MagiCAD and Revit software whilst meeting all relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards, including energy efficiency and low or zero carbon requirements.
We are nice people – who look to make a difference. If that also describes you, come join us.
You will ideally have several years’ experience across multiple sectors. Projects include new build, refurbishment and retrofit with a range of values from small project for key clients to £100m+ major projects. You should be capable of working with a team of engineers on large projects, managing the delivery of multiple smaller projects whilst simultaneously managing clients.
An ideal candidate will.
- Be BEng or MEng degree qualified
- Have extensive Healthcare sector experience and a sound working knowledge of HTMs and HBNs
- Have IHEEM membership
- Have several years post graduate experience
- Member of associated Professional bodies such as MIET or MCIBSE
- Have exceptional skill associated with electrical building services design and an awareness of all technical requirements, legislation and best practice
- Have sound commercial knowledge and experience of monitoring financial spend on projects against project targets.
- Have good project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects of varying size/complexity.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm in all aspects of the role and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Demonstrate confidence both to the client and internally to project an appropriate image and support peers and colleagues.
- Be flexible in approach, to suit changing project/market forces.
What We offer
We will give you the freedom to enable you to do your best work with both flexible working hours and hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from our head office, remote location, at home or on a construction site, you will be working in a very dynamic environment where your integrity, technical knowledge and innovation will be championed, with opportunities to progress withing the practice.
This is a demanding and challenging position, but in return, you will be well rewarded with an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical insurance, death in service life insurance, income protection (for long term absence), stakeholder pension scheme, generous holiday allowance including an additional holiday on your birthday, flexible working hours, the potential for quarterly overtime incentive payments and other benefits.
We are committed to the ongoing professional development and career progression of all our people. As a result, our policy is to cultivate your engineering talent by offering customised training, working patterns, knowledge transfer and development programmes, all to develop your strengths as far as you wish to take them. CPD seminars are held internally at monthly intervals to help maintain or achieve your professional status.
S I Sealy is an Equal Opportunities employer where qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
S I Sealy is an ISO9001/14001/45001 & 19650 certified employer and verified Carbon Neutral to PAS 2060.Apply →