This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the regions fastest growing consultancies working alongside our building services engineering design team providing detailed MEP models utilising Revit and MagiCAD software. You will also have the opportunity to work with “NetZeroUk.com”, our building & energy modelling team specialising in decarbonisation of the built environment.
Established in 1949, we are a multi-award-winning company that excels in the delivery of sustainable M&E design. We are a previous HVR Consultancy of the Year and the CIBSE (Small) Employer of the Year. We specialise in Building Information Modelling, digital design engineering (Revit & MagiCAD MEP) and sustainable building services design through Building & Energy Modelling (IES). We are amongst the largest single office of specialist building services engineers in the Northwest with over 30 building services engineers and a team of 7 building and energy modellers and REVIT technicians.
The Company is one of the leading practices in the North West, and currently enjoys positions on over 20 regional and National consultancy frameworks, including: Parliamentary Estates Directorate (Houses of Parliament), NHS SBS (National framework for NHS Trusts), NHS NOE CPC, BBC Corporation, RISE Framework, NEPO, PAGABO, LHC, Your Housing Group, Procure Partnerships, Procure Plus, EN; Procure, the Girls Day School Trust and Merseytravel.
As a BIM Technician, you will help deliver BIM and Asset Information Management services for our clients whilst working on a diverse range of projects across all sectors, both locally and nationally.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop 2D & 3D M&E Services models and produce necessary drawings using Revit & AutoCAD
- Keep up to date with the latest software updates, AutoCAD/Revit Standards
- Co-ordinate accurately with all other disciplines, including face-to-face meetings
- Control flow of design information utilising ISO 19650, ISO 9001, and other standards
- Be a proactive team member engaging in business development
- Apply policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training
- Extensive experience using Revit MEP with proven experience
- Good knowledge of building MEP services and BIM is essential
- Able to amend and produce Revit families for the in-house library
- Strong design coordination skills not only within MEP services but architectural and structural services
- Competent in clash detection preferred
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience and knowledge of current Building Regulations is preferred
- Knowledge of: CIBSE Guides, CDM Regulations, British Standards
- Computer Skills: Excel/Word, Autocad, REVIT, Navis Works
- Knowledge of MagiCAD is preferred but not essential, as training will be provided
The successful candidate will have experience in Healthcare, Later Living, Housing, Retail, Leisure, Education, & Commercial sectors, and due to the security requirements of the Company’s central government contracts, must have been resident and worked in the UK for the past 3 years.
The candidate will be capable of working collaboratively with a team of engineers and technicians in-house and with third parties externally.
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent income protection (for long-term absence)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Death in service life assurance
- Generous holiday allowance, including an additional holiday on your birthday
- Flexible working hours, with the potential for paid overtime
- Hybrid working arrangement
We are committed to the professional development and career progression of our people. Our policy is to cultivate your talent by offering customised training, working patterns, knowledge transfer and development programmes, all to develop your strengths as far as you wish to take them.
To apply or discuss this role further – please phone or email Director David Stafford on 0161 430 2044
S I Sealy is an Equal Opportunities, ISO9001/14001/19650 & 45001 certified employer.Apply →